Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 26

Thread: OT....So What You Reading?

  1. #11
    Inactive Member Peter Peeker's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 17th, 2004
    Posts
    16,859
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    a book of short stories aboot vampires.
    buncha different authours.
    some really old stuff.

  2. #12
    Inactive Member Genetic Disposition's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 4th, 2004
    Posts
    666
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    7065203

    The son of a zookeeper, Pi Patel has an encyclopedic knowledge of animal behavior and a fervent love of stories. When Pi is sixteen, his family emigrates from India to North America aboard a Japanese cargo ship, along with their zoo animals bound for new homes.

    The ship sinks. Pi finds himself alone in a lifeboat, his only companions a hyena, an orangutan, a wounded zebra, and Richard Parker, a 450-pound Bengal tiger. Soon the tiger has dispatched all but Pi, whose fear, knowledge, and cunning allow him to coexist with Richard Parker for 227 days while lost at sea. When they finally reach the coast of Mexico, Richard Parker flees to the jungle, never to be seen again. The Japanese authorities who interrogate Pi refuse to believe his story and press him to tell them "the truth." After hours of coercion, Pi tells a second story, a story much less fantastical, much more conventional--but is it more true?

  3. #13
    Inactive Member KillerKanuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 28th, 2004
    Posts
    2,799
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by madadman:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Dolphinstardust:
    Angels and Demons by Dan Brown prelude to DaVinci Code, as well as The Lone Drow by RA Salvatore, Eragon by Christopher Paolini.....eeep I think I read too many at once [img]tongue.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Angels & Demons was great! In some ways I liked better than Da Vinci.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Just finished Angels & Demons a little while back too. Really good book.
    Right now I'm in the middle of Sea Hunters 2 - Clive Cussler's real life search for historical ship wrecks. His stuff isn't gonna win any awards, but I read most of it. It's kinda like Indiana Jones on water.

  4. #14
    Inactive Member Halitosis Crunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 5th, 2004
    Posts
    357
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I've been drifting through "Hyperspace" by Michio Kaku.

    I also recently picked up another book about physics, a "teach your self" book.

    <font color="#cd6600" size="1">[ July 06, 2004 08:47 AM: Message edited by: Halitosis Crunch ]</font>

  5. #15
    Inactive Member pairadocs's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 15th, 2004
    Posts
    2,781
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Just finished Reign in Hell by William Diehl, and I just started Man on Fire (the book the movie is based off of... haven't seen the flick yet).

    Up next is DaVinci Code, then I'm going to read the Bourne books by Ludlum.

    I have a lot of free time being unemployed... [img]wink.gif[/img]

  6. #16
    -megalithanod
    Guest -megalithanod's Avatar

    Post

    I am going through the Mallorean series from Terry Brooks. I think I am on Book 3 of five - the Seeress of JKell.

    I have gone through the previous series the Belgariad. Five books in that one as well.

    Really good read based on Socery and Prophecies.

  7. #17
    Inactive Member pairadocs's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 15th, 2004
    Posts
    2,781
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by grail:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by pairadocs:

    Up next is DaVinci Code, then I'm going to read the Bourne books by Ludlum.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">DaVinci is probably next. I've read all the Bounr book, the second one (don't remember the title) was the best of the bunch imo.

    Right now I'm reading "blood and gold" by Anne Rice. It's in the vampire chronicle, pretty good actually.
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Have you read the "fourth" Bourne novel? Before he died, I guess Ludlum named a successor to take after him... and the guy (name eludes me) wrote a fourth Bourne novel. It's supposed to be really good as well.

    As for DaVinci Code, my mom lent it to me... I want to see what all the hype is about. If I like it, I'll try other Dan Brown novels.

    I also enjoy John Sanford's Prey novels... I love serial killer, thriller, suspense novels like that a lot too. In addition to good techno-thrillers, etc. Wheel of Time is about the only fantasy I read.

  8. #18
    Toy Warrior
    Guest Toy Warrior's Avatar

    Post

    Just finished the Simarillion, in the middle of The Davinci Code, and will start on the Hobbit (again) shortly.

  9. #19
    Inactive Member grail25's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 16th, 2004
    Posts
    3,754
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    A fourth one? Didn't know about that one. I'll have to check it out. Is it under the name of ludlum or is it under the other guy's name?

    the 3rd Bourne novel kinda bored me. It was my least favorite of the three.

    I want to read Da Vinci also for the hype, but after reading all the comments I'll have to check out Angel & demons.

    man, I have so much to read and so little time.

  10. #20
    Inactive Member Skull-n-Bones's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 29th, 2004
    Posts
    849
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Just finished DaVinci Code.

    Friggin AMAZING BOOK. Possibly one of the most amazing books I ever read. I hate to see how Angels and Demons beats it, so you guys got my curiosity up.

    DaVinci Code takes you through a series of mind blowing revelations and insights into secret sects...More amazing is the forward which states how much of the book is factual...and the conjecture he takes from facts makes most other novels as important as Scooby Doo coloring books.

    I hate to say anything more so not to spoil any of it....Just saying when you pass page 200 or so...HANG ON for a wild ride....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •